The Department of Physical Education is headed by Dr. B. Somalingam, Director of
Physical Education. He has joined this Institution in Aug, 2003. He has served
in Osmania University for over 25 years, and retired in 2003 as Associate
Professor and Head, Department of Physical Education, Osmania University. He has
handled classes for M.P.Ed Students and guided dissertation for 10 years.
Dr. B. Somalingam served as Co-ordinator, Training and Orientation Center,
NSS for 3 years and as Secretary, Inter College Tournaments Osmania University
for 4 years. He is a qualified official in Lawn Tennis and Athletics at National
Level. He has attended many International and National Conferences and published
19 research papers and edited 4 books. He was the Tennis Umpire at 9th Asian
Games at Delhi in 1982.
Mr. B. Manoj Kumar Asst. Physical Director is ably assisting in organizing various
Sports activities etc., effectively.
Facilities at the Campus
The following sports facilities are available at the college premises
for the students
1. Foot Ball
Field - 1
Ground - 1
3. Basket Ball
Court - 1
4. Table Tennis
Tables - 7
5. Volley Ball
Courts - 2
6. Carom Boards
7. Chess Boards
At a time 150 students are utilizing various sports facilities
on the campus.
Periods in the Time Table
Sports periods are allotted for every class to encourage the students
to participate in sports activities resulting in the overall development of
Students represented JNTU in Inter University Tournaments
1. Mr. B. Srinivas student of ECE -3rd Year represented JNTU in Inter
University Ball Badminton Tournament held at Mumbai in Dec- 2003.
2. Mr. P. Devender student of CSIT Department was the Captain of JNTU
Volley Ball Team in 2005 and represented JNTU for 3 consecutive years.
3. Mr. Mohd. Abu Backer Khan, student of Civil Engg. represented JNTU
for 4 consecutive years and was captain of JNTU Hand Ball team during the year
4. Mr. G. Tulsi Ram student of CSE – 2nd year has represented JNTU
Volley Ball team held at Tamil Nadu during the year 2006-07.
1. Nizam Institute of Engineering and Technology Foot Ball Team has won
the 1st JNTU Inter College Foot Ball Tournament during the year 2008-09 by
defeating JNTU College of Engg. Kukatpalli, Hyderabad under the captaincy of
Mohd Ali Mech – IV year.
2. Nizam Institute of Engineering and Technology Cricket Team won the
Cricket Tournament Organized by St. Mary’s College of Engg. in Nov- 2007 under
the captaincy of G. Praneeth of CSE – IV year.
Inter College Tournament
1. Nizam Institute of Engineering and Technology has organized JNTU
Inter College Tournament of Zone – A in the year 2004-05 in which 25 Colleges
have participated in the events of Volley Ball, Basket Ball, Table Tennis and
Badminton for Men & Women.
2. The Teams of Nizam Institute of Engineering and Technology regularly
participates in JNTU Inter College Tournaments of Cricket, Volley Ball, Basket
Ball, Badminton, Table Tennis, Chess, Foot Ball etc., and the performance of
teams is quite satisfactory.
Participation in other Tournaments
1. Nizam Institute of Engineering and Technology Cricket team regularly
participated in Bandari Srinivas Inter Engg. Colleges Cricket Tournament and S.
R. Engg. College Cricket Tournament, Warangal and the team reached semi finals
in the above Tournaments. NIET Cricket team has also participated in the
Tournaments organized by Eenadu, TKR Engg. College, Nexus Engg. College and ABVP
and the teams' performance was very good.
2. NIET Basket Ball team participated in the Tournament organized by
CBIT, VNRVJIT, MJ Engg. College and ICFAI and in which the teams faired well.
3. Nizam Institute of Engineering and Technology Foot Ball Team has
participated in the Tournaments Organized by MJ Engg. College and ICFAI and the
teams performed well
1. Sports events for men and women are organized for the Annual Day
Celebrations every year and prizes and certificates will be awarded to the
winner and runner up.
2. Sports events for staff are also organized every year.
1 The students are provided with railway concession order to go to
their native places during vacation and for educational tours.
2 Students and staff are provided with First Aid and few medicines in
3 Scholarships are provided to Minority, BC, EBC, SC and ST students.